You can contribute to Atlanta's Hunger Walk/Run 2007 and get a T-Shirt whether or not you actually run. The Feb-April 2007 issue of their newsletter "Food sharing" says, "Can't make it to the event? Be a Phantom Walker! Just fill out the form [donate] and mail it in and we'll mail you a t-shirt." How can you resist being a "Phantom Walker?" You don't even have to wear purple tights.
The event supports six local non-profit organizations and walkers may choose to have a portion of their funds go directly to one of the organizations:
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Episcopal Charities Foundation
- Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
- Lutheran Services of Georgia
- Presbyterian Answer to Hunger
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
You don't have to live in Atlanta to donate to these worthwhile groups.