This pitch may backfire says Brin. After all, to be complete, there are several ID theories. Surely the ID proponents could not object to teaching all the alternatives:
- Guided evolution. (A lot of scientists hold to this one.)
- Intelligent Design of Intelligent Designers (IDOID - a Mormon view?)
- Evolution of Intelligent Designers. (This one involves Black Holes!)
- Cycles of Creation (let's not forget Hindu and Mayan concepts)
- Panspermia (spaceships, anyone?)
- The Universe as a simulation
- We have been resurrected at the Omega Point
- ... perhaps you have a favorite?
UPDATE (7/21/06): I just had to check the original article date when I came across the Locusts and Honey blog's link to "Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity with 'Intelligent Falling' Theory". I was so sure it had to have been April 1st. But no ...